G3 INVITATIONAL RULES
G3 INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT RULES
|Rules & Format|
|Grade exceptions are allowed at this tournament
Full court pressing is allowed in every age group
|1st Grade (10 ft Goals)||18 min (running clock) stops last 2 minutes in each half||2 minutes|
|2nd Grade||20 min (running clock) stops last 2 minutes in each half||2 minutes|
|3rd Grade||20 min (running clock) stops last 2 minutes in each half||2 minutes|
|4th Grade||13 min (stop clock)||2 minutes|
|5th Grade||13 min (stop clock)||2 minutes|
|6th Grade||13 min (stop clock)||2 minutes|
|7th Grade||13 min (stop clock)||2 minutes|
|8th Grade||13 min (stop clock)||2 minutes|
TIE BREAKER: VERY IMPORTANT
In case of a 3-way tie the team or teams that allowed the fewest points in pool play will advance to bracket play.
HOME TEAM: will be the team on the LEFT in pool play and the team on TOP in bracket play.
Time Outs: Each team will be given 3 time outs per game.
OVERTIME: There will be a running clock in every age group up until the last minute. Timeouts do not carry over. Each team gets one time out.
The official game size basketball for 7u,8u,9u,10u,11u, & 12u is 28.5
- Each team will be given 3 minutes to warm up and 3 minutes for half-time.
- Each team is responsible for cleaning the bench area after the game is over.
- Mercy Rule: Teams ahead by 20 or more points in the game will result in a running clock at anytime. If the lead drops below 20 points normal rules (stock clock) will resume. If a team is up by 20 or more points they can no longer press.
- Each team is allowed 2 coaches and all players free admission.
- A player may only play for one team per age/grade division.
- Each team is responsible for their warm up and game balls. Home team is also responsible for supplying the game ball.
- Teams will shoot one and one on the seventh team foul and two shots (bonus) on the tenth team foul.
- Absolutely no profanity towards the referees or your own players. Any profanity by coaches or players could result in a technical foul. (Referees discretion).